ADSM-L

listener not listening

2001-12-11 14:36:49
Subject: listener not listening
From: Suad Musovich <suad AT CCU1.AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 08:34:09 +1300
AIX4.3.3/TSM4.2.1.7

The main listener on port 1500 of our TSM server is open but not acknowledging
when clients connect. They hang on "SYN_RCVD"

Actually, it only allows a small proportion of connections.

When the TSM server starts up, everything works as normal. But when a volume of
clients start connecting, it virtually stops all new connections.

Any clients that can successfully connect, operate as normal.

I've checked if any other services in the OS that may be listening on that
port and have been sniffing the interface for unusual traffic. Nothing unusual
has been found.

Anyone have similar probs?

Cheers, Suad