ADSM-L

Re: Script to CHECKOUT multiples tapes on SCSI library

2001-12-11 08:45:10
Subject: Re: Script to CHECKOUT multiples tapes on SCSI library
From: "Braich, Raminder" <raminder.braich AT DAVEY DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 08:40:46 -0500
We run the following macro to checkout our tapes. Pipe the output of this
macro to another file. The output would be in this format 'checkout libv
3494 volume_name remove=yes'. Execute this output file.Once the tapes are
all out mark the volumes as offsite. Do this by "update volume volume_name
access=offsite".

select 'checkout libv 3494 '|| volume_name ||' remove=yes' as "Remove Tape
Script                      " from volumes where not access='OFFSITE' and
stgpool_name='COPYPOOL' and days(current_date)-days(last_write_date)<=1
select volume_name, date_time as "DATE_TIME                 "from volhistory
where type='BACKUPFULL'
select 'checkout libv 3494 '|| volume_name ||' remove=yes' as "Remove DB
Tape Script                    " from libvolumes where last_use='DbBackup'

-Raminder Braich