ADSM-L

Re: Multiple Backup Sets on one tape - (Was Large TSM database due to no. of files and versions)

2001-12-11 07:39:44
Subject: Re: Multiple Backup Sets on one tape - (Was Large TSM database due to no. of files and versions)
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:36:04 +0000
Etienne,
I am not sure whether the Netware client supports local device restore of
backupsets.
We certainly cannot do it with our backupsets which are written either on STK
9840 cartridges,
or to file devices on disk.
We restore direct across the network, and yes if you have large amounts of data
to restore
you do need the network bandwidth
Another option you might want to look at if you have a spare network box, is to
attach that locally to your TSM server, restore to that, and then replace or
just  swap the disks out to your failing client.

Etienne Brodeur <ebrodeur AT SERTI DOT COM> on 12/11/2001 03:39:14 AM