ADSM-L

Using backupset on Netware clients

2001-12-10 21:43:57
Subject: Using backupset on Netware clients
From: Etienne Brodeur <ebrodeur AT SERTI DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:37:09 -0500
I think I saw a message recently where someone was using  backupsets on
Netware...

I have a TSM server 4.2.0 with an LTO library and a DLT tape.

I have remote client on Netware 5.1 running TSM client 4.2. with a DLT tape

Is it possible to create a backupset for VOL1 of a netware client on DLT
and then use this tape to restore files on the Netware client?

In the netware docs they never say if you can use a tape instead of a CD or
file so I am not sure.  I am also wondering if the tape will be compatible
since it is written on a Windows 2000 server (by TSM granted) and I want to
restore it on a Netware platform (by TSM granted).

Could someone give the an exemple of a the command line to accomplish this
(If possible)?

If it is possible has anyone ever done it and does it work well?  I plan to
use this to create monthly backups and as a way to restore large files on
remote sites.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Etienne Brodeur