ADSM-L

Re: Test restore to alternative server?

2001-12-10 11:54:04
Subject: Re: Test restore to alternative server?
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 16:50:24 +0000
Eugene,

Install the client normally
Register the client to TSM with some name that tell you its a test box
One way to test your restore  is to fool TSM into thinking that your test box is
the box
you are restoring from.
You do this by changing the node name in the dsm.opt file to the name of the
client  you are
testing.
You then can kick off you restore from the test box and  the data will be
restored to it.
The only thing you need to be careful if you do this is that you do not run any
sessions
with the "real" client until you have finished your restore to the test client.

Eugene Awyong - Singapore <eawyong AT SAPL.SAMSUNG DOT COM> on 12/10/2001
02:56:08 AM