ADSM-L

Re: Multiple Backup Sets on one tape - (Was Large TSM database due to no. of files and versions)

2001-12-10 09:15:04
Subject: Re: Multiple Backup Sets on one tape - (Was Large TSM database due to no. of files and versions)
From: Joe Cascanette <Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:14:05 -0500
Hate to break it to you Mark, but here's the point. I (We) the customer
are HELPING Tivoli to provide me (us) with a product to best suit me
(us). Suggestions, thoughts from the customer are the best way to keep
their software popular and useful. If they don't want to produce
products that the customers want I (we) will go else where.

I don't think that bundling more than one server on 1 tape will present
a problem. You have to load the client to view the backup sets anyways,
so there is some organization in place to find the data in the first
place. Of course if I could fill a 80gig tape all the time I would be
happy, my employer will be happy, and I would not be asking for change
with an option within TSM.

If you don't want use the change, that's fine, don't use the extended
features. But I for one would like to cut the number of tape I handle
everyday. The less tapes I use a day the less chance corruption will set
in.

Have you ever preformed a actual disaster recovery before?.

Joe Cascanette
The Cumis Group Limited