ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Domino, AIX=>Solaris - Can it be done???

2001-12-09 23:11:37
Subject: Re: TDP for Domino, AIX=>Solaris - Can it be done???
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 22:09:10 -0600
On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:23:07 -0500, it was written:

>For the last six months or so, a Domino server running
>on an AIX platform has been backed up to a TSM server,
>(AIX platform, as well), using TDP for Domino.
>
>The organization where I work is standardizing on
>platform and is moving the Domino database from AIX to
>Solaris. I do not know if this migration is supported
>or not but that's the intention.
>
>Can this migration be done without losing 6 months of
>backups. If so, please give tips.

Yep, it will take a workaround; otherwise, you'll lose them. You can't
restore JFS (or JFS2)-type file systems onto whatever type of
filesystem Solaris uses.

What you'll need to do is keep your AIX Domino server around as a
restore target for a period of time after your Solaris Domino server
goes live. Restore the file to the AIX box, and then use whatever
utility Domino has for moving files from one server to another.