ADSM-L

Re: TSM on Linux install

2001-12-06 15:36:33
Subject: Re: TSM on Linux install
From: Lloyd Dieter <dieter AT SNRGY DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 15:34:01 -0500
Keith,

Linux typically uses BASH, so instead of .profile, look for
.bash_profile.

As to the dsmcad start script, can't you put it in to /etc/inittab?  If
you want to do a start script, you should be able to use one of the
others as a template to work from.

-Lloyd
Keith Reynolds wrote:
Keith Reynolds wrote:

> I've installed TSM on Linux for 390 and have successfully backed up my
> system.  However, to make the install more permanent, the document says to
> put some "exports" into the .profile.  The only .profiles I can find are for
> individual users.  Do I have to define a user on Linux that matches my TSM
> client name and then update its .profile?
>
> How do I get dsmcad to automatically start with each boot of the system?
> >From what I can tell I have to write a routine that resides in /sbin/init.d.
>  If that is true, why not distribute a script for Linux with TSM?
>
> Thanks,
> Keith
>
> NOTE: This e-mail message may contain information that may be privileged,
> confidential, and exempt from disclosure.  It is intended for use only by
> the person to whom it is addressed. If you have received this message in
> error, please do not forward or use this information in any way, delete it
> immediately, and contact the sender as soon as possible by the reply option
> or by telephone at the telephone number listed (if available).  Thank you.

    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
   Synergy, Inc.   http://www.synergyinc.cc   ldieter AT snrgy DOT com
             Main:716-389-1260    fax:716-389-1267