ADSM-L

Re: Tsm and TL891DLX in SAN

2001-12-05 15:50:38
Subject: Re: Tsm and TL891DLX in SAN
From: Joe Cascanette <Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 15:49:34 -0500
Was there any problems doing a DEFINE LIBRARY?. I have a ESL9326DX tape
library from Compaq.

Two things to try:

Set the robot arm on its own SCSI connection. (By default the arm and
drive0 and drive1 are on the same scsi connection.)
or
Try changing your robotic arm to scsi ID >2 on the library. I believe
the default is ID 0, drive0 is ID1 and drive1 is ID2)

I had to use option 1 adding a another scsi cable and terminating the
robotic arm. Do you have a MDR (modular data router) between the SAN
switch and the tape library? (if you are using fibre)

Are you using TSM device drivers?

Joe Cascanette
The Cumis Group Limited