ADSM-L

Re: ADSM server crash

2001-12-05 03:57:50
Subject: Re: ADSM server crash
From: Pothula S Paparao <9pothula AT SG.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 16:53:15 +0800
check your daily jobs for tsm are happening properly or not , say like
inventory expiration (should not terminate due to window timing) , see
activity log retention, also see q occupancy for which files are increaisng
may cause db to increase in size. see the volume history info also which is
kept in database.
u can delete using delete volhistory (should match ur requirements). also
see the q occupancy ouput for suspecious client backing up many objects
causing database growth. you can determine this by size. see the exclude
/include options happening properly to aviod unneccessary files to be
backeup.

crash normally happens when log size is overcommitted. send ur dsmserv.err
file for more info.
regards
sreekumar.

                    Anthony Lanni
                    <[email protected]       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    WORKS.COM>                cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:           Subject:     ADSM server crash
                    Dist Stor Manager"
                    <[email protected]

                    12/05/2001 03:37
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Ok; I'm running ADSM 3.7.2.0 on AIX 2.4; the server died with a core
dump, and we can't get it restarted - it crashed out each time.

several of the drives that the database volumes live on have hit 100%;
we suspect this as the problem, but we can't allocate more space to the
database since the server won't start...  anyone know why it would crash
just because the dbvols filled or the disks filled up?  I understand
that processes would die, but not the server itself...
        I'll be happy to answer any further questions you all may have to
help
clear this up.

thanks in advance,

        Anthony Lanni