ADSM-L

Changing Management Class in mid-stream

2001-12-04 23:41:52
Subject: Changing Management Class in mid-stream
From: Kevin Sawyer <kevin AT STORAGEPIPE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 23:24:46 -0500
Hello folks.

I'm new to the list, but I'm sure I'll become a regular. I will try to help
whenever I can, and as I'm running the first Canadian IBM (TSM based)
Storage Service Provider (SSP) I should have some interesting and unique
challenges, as well as some ordinary ones.

My first problem is ordinary. I accidentally backed up a customer to the
default management class, when he should have been backed up to a different
one. I've since made the change in the client dsm.opt file (this is on
windows) but I'm wondering at my output when I run "q occ". If I have a
separate storage pool for each management class, will I have to use the
"move data" command to get everything where it should be, or will data be
re-bound and moved automatically? Any information would be helpful.

Regards,

Kevin Sawyer
Chief Technical Officer
Storagepipe Solutions Inc.