ADSM-L

Re: TDP for MSSQL

2001-12-04 08:29:30
Subject: Re: TDP for MSSQL
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 08:26:49 -0500
> When we run the cmd file manually form the command prompt, it backs up
> fine.. But we can't seem to make scheduled backups work and I'm getting
> very little info as to why. Does the following error mean anything to
> anyone? A help on ANS1512E yields no useful info and I have no idea what
> a return code of 1 is. Also nothing gets logged in the other log files
> like sqldiff.log, sqlfull.log, sqlsched.log, etc. So I'm having a real
> hard time figuring out why it keeps failing.

Gerald,

If your TDP for SQL logs are not being updated at all
it usually means that the command file is not
even being launched.  Many times, this means
that the "space in the directory path" is
getting in the way.  Once thing to try is
to define the TSM Server schedule with single quote and
double quotes in the OBJECTS paramter, like this:

   OBJECTS='"c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPSql\sqldiff.cmd"'

using double quotes around the path containing the space,
and single quotes around the entire string.
The Admin Reference discusses this in the DEFINE SCHEDULE section.
(The other way is to use the short name for the path.)

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Life is short but sweet for certain..."    -- Dave