ADSM-L

TSM and firewalls (revisited)

2001-12-03 10:50:56
Subject: TSM and firewalls (revisited)
From: Kent Monthei <Kent.J.Monthei AT GSK DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 10:47:27 -0500
The following paragraph appears on page 110 of the Tivoli Storage Manager
Version 4.2 Technical Guide, IBM Redpiece SG24-6277-00 :

3.4 TSM Firewall Support

As has been the case for quite some time, the TSM server and clients can
operate across a
firewall. The firewall administrator must open the firewall ports needed
for client and server
communication. This is now formally documented in ***

        (that's it...........no further mention of firewall in the entire
document)

Does  ***  exist yet?  If so, what is it & where can I get a copy of it?
Has anyone seen an IBM/Tivoli technical doc dealing with configuration of
TSM for operation across a firewall?  I'm looking for something that
addresses more than just the opening of ports 1500/1501 - e.g. Proxy
Server/Network Address Translation issues.

-rsvp, thanks
Kent Monthei
Kent Monthei
GlaxoSmithKline