ADSM-L

Re: Need help !!!!!Ability to connect to a SQL2000 instance from the Tivoli Software

2001-12-03 09:14:22
Subject: Re: Need help !!!!!Ability to connect to a SQL2000 instance from the Tivoli Software
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 09:12:04 -0500
> I've triad the command but still I cane not see the instance
> I nee to now how the instance on a Sql server must be crated so that I
cane
> see it
> Info : server name :SQL1DBA  => Sql 7.0
>                     SQL1DBA\SQL1DBA   => Sql 2000
>
> If I trait the command whit SQL1DBA\SQL1DBA it failed

Hugo,

What you are trying to do will not work with
TDP for SQL version 1.1.  You will have to obtain
TDP for SQL version 2.2.  TDP for SQL version 2.2,
has additional function to enable you to
communicate with multiple instances of a SQL
server on the same machine.

Even though you are running a SQL 7 server, it is
created as a default instance of a SQL 2000 server.
(That is the only way you can run SQL 7 and SQL 2000
on the same machine.)

If you are running TDP for SQL version 2.2 and you
are still having problems, then please call IBM support.

If you are running TDP for SQL version 1.1 then you
must upgrade to version 2.2 if you want to
support this configuration.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Life is short but sweet for certain..."    -- Dave