ADSM-L

Re: How to extract a db2-backup > 64Gb

2001-12-01 16:48:58
Subject: Re: How to extract a db2-backup > 64Gb
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 23:48:43 +0200
This is not exactly AIX limit, but JFS (1). AIX 5L with JFS2 supports up to
1 TB.
Try what if you restore not to file but to raw logical volume. AIX XCOFF
format promises up to 2^63 bytes file addressing limit. I cannot promise it
would help but you do not have too much options which can solve the
problem. And this may be workaround without upgrade. So give it a shot.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Bert Gringhuis <bert.gringhuis AT CGEY DOT NL> on 27.11.2001 11:12:04