ADSM-L

Re: ANR8376I Mount point reserved in device class 3584MCLASS, status: RESERVED.

2001-11-28 16:38:16
Subject: Re: ANR8376I Mount point reserved in device class 3584MCLASS, status: RESERVED.
From: Kason Leung <kason.leung AT UCOP DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:22:55 -0800
Did you go through a major upgrade just recently?

We upgraded from V3.7.3.6 to V4.2.1.7 yesterday, and TSM lost control of
the tape drives afterwards. We got messages like yours, plus a whole bunch
of other bizarre ones. Tivoli had us delete and redefine the drives in AIX
and TSM, which didn't change anything. Eventually, we got a working TSM
implementation by upgrading the tape and tape library drivers to the latest
and greatest versions. We met the minimum standards for driver version
levels, but what we had apparently wasn't enough for 4.2.

Tivoli never said anything about having to upgrade drivers (even though we
met the minimum standards) when you're leapfrogging 3 levels during the
upgrade process; now we know.

Kason Leung
Systems Programmer II
University of California