ADSM-L

Re: Question. Tivoli Backup Client Version 3.7.2

2001-11-28 16:37:59
Subject: Re: Question. Tivoli Backup Client Version 3.7.2
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <ADSM AT MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:35:17 -0500
On 28 Nov 2001 at 10:17, Gent, Chad E. wrote, in part:
> I have several backups that run using the TSM Scheduler. Sometimes the
> backups will be missed and we have someone go in and run the back ups
> manually,  This works great but it doesn't write to a log file.  The
> Scheduled backups write to Dsmsched.log and Dsmerror.log.  Is there any
> way for to get the manual backups to write to a log file.

The program designer had a bad day. We should have schedule, error,
backup, and restore logs, but instead have just what you note.
Repeatedly
pointing this out to IBM and Tivoli has resulted in no action,
presumably
because this has been determined to not affect revenue.  Maybe in V5?

By the way, errors during your ad hoc backups *will* be recorded in the
dsmerror.log.

cheers, wayne
Wayne T. Smith                          ADSM AT Maine DOT edu
ADSM Technical Coordinator - UNET       University of Maine System