ADSM-L

Re: CommonStore for SAP and TSM

2001-11-28 14:51:35
Subject: Re: CommonStore for SAP and TSM
From: "Davidson, Becky" <Becky.Davidson AT SLBG DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:48:04 -0600
We are using CommonStore for SAP with TSM.  I can't think of a way to
configure CommonStore to store 2 copies in parallel to 2 different TSM
Servers but it is an interesting thought.  We just use the normal backup
storage pool idea.  As far as TSM is concerned this is just another client.

As far as database we have a TSM server just running CommonStore with about
70 opticals full of data and our database is 1.5 GB.  We have seen very
little growth and what growth there is is not rapid.

We use a disk pool sometimes and other times optical.  The advantage to
doing the optical pool first is that objects that are stored are generally
hit alot at first and that way you are not limited on drives.  We have not
come up with a way to drain what is in the pools date wise.  Our discovery
was you mount alot of cd's for short periods of time and depending on the
number of drives some people have to wait for a mount.

As for the documentation for the CommonStore server side I have nothing not
even a very good manual.  Fortunately the email address for support is
generally pretty responsive and for the most part it hasn't been difficult
to support.

Let me know if I can help some more
Becky Davidson
Data Manager/AIX Administrator