ADSM-L

Re: upgrade from ADSM 3.1 to TSM 4.2 on AIX

2001-11-27 09:16:55
Subject: Re: upgrade from ADSM 3.1 to TSM 4.2 on AIX
From: "Malbrough, Demetrius" <DMalbrough AT TTIINC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 08:12:09 -0600
Well, Ruud!

I completed an upgrade from an ADSM 3.1.2.20 AIX 4.3.3 Server last month &
also an ADSM 3.1.0.6 AIX 4.3.3 client both to TSM 4.2.1.0. I followed the
steps in the READMe and did not run into any problems with installing the
code. The upgrade went very smooth except I ran into a problem with
redefining the drives on an 8mm Exabyte library. I do not have my notes with
the error, but it was from the OS with cfgmgr not returning the device and
the resolution was to reboot the RS/6000 box :-(.

Also, you have to remember that you will have to CHECKIN all of your storage
pool volumes as well so make sure you have the appropriate files intact
(volhist, devconfig, etc...). Other than that it took about 20 mins to get
the code installed & the rest was just tuning.

Regards,

Demetrius