ADSM-L

Re: 3590 Fiber drives

2001-11-26 20:37:08
Subject: Re: 3590 Fiber drives
From: "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 20:34:05 -5
On 26 Nov 2001 at 12:12, Gill, Geoffrey L. wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if there are any issues with the 50 micron cables as
> opposed to the 62.5 micron cables and 3590 drives. Taking into consideration
> these will be on a SAN soon but for now direct connect. We only need to run
> about 50 ft between computer and drives.

I can't speak directly to 3590 drives, but FC supports both 50/125
and 62.5/125 cables.  The difference is in the distance the cables
can be run.  I believe the distances supported are 500m for 50/125
and 300m for 62.5/125.  I have fiber channel connections running on
both, although only to disk subsystems (emc and ibm).  I think both
also work with gigabit ethernet.