ADSM-L

Re: Backup Sets

2001-11-26 16:50:46
Subject: Re: Backup Sets
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 16:48:05 -0500
Hi Joe,

The paper that Andy wrote is a great resource, but it was written for ADSM
3.1, so the list of tables is out of date.
Use the paper as a reference for "how to", but to see what tables are
available for your own version do this:

select * from syscat.tables

At my level (4.1.3) there is indeed at BACKUPSETS table.

So then you can do this:

select * from syscat.columns where TABNAME='BACKUPSETS'

That gives you the same info that was in Andy's paper, but for your own
server version
.
One day when I have some free time (oh yeah, like really...) I'm gonna work
at creating an SQL script that will pull the stuff out in a "nice" format
like Andy's.

BTW, I think you will need a select that does a join with VOLHISTORY table
somehow, to get the volume name you want matched with the NODE_NAME.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert