ADSM-L

Re: Disable scheduler or enable scheduler

2001-11-26 10:17:27
Subject: Re: Disable scheduler or enable scheduler
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:15:20 -0600
On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:27:22 +0200, it was written:
>I need to run every month  full backup of some clients for Disaster Recovery
>and my problem is I need to disable the others scheduler's running for this
>night.
>
>I created a policy for those special nodes , but if I run a disable session
>this will include my full backup too. I wonder if anybody create a select
>command checking the status of the future backup for this night, and except
>for the Disaster policy make a temporary expiration for the other backup
>scheduler

Two possibilities:

1. Instead of running a monthly full backup of some clients, create
backupsets of them. This has the added advantage of not requiring
another data pull across the network.

2. Failing that, create a script that locks out the offending nodes
during the monthly backups. Timing may be a little tricky with this
one.