ADSM-L

Share the experience how to backup up Notes R4.6 in AIX without NotesConnect Agent

2001-11-22 18:58:39
Subject: Share the experience how to backup up Notes R4.6 in AIX without NotesConnect Agent
From: Louie Ching <okfit AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 07:46:41 +0800
Hi there,

Are there anyone has used the *SM BA backup client to backup and restore the
Notes R4.6 databases without shutdown the Notes process at AIX?
.
Actually, I have tried to perform the online backup on the Notes databases, and
it seem *SM can handle the open files in Notes.
.
However, when I try to restore back the databases, and I cannot open some of
the mail database again. Thus, I think it may be corrupted during the backup,
and I suspect the mail databases are being changing during the backup.
.
Therefore, I would like to know whether *SM can use its backup agent to
backup the Notes database without shutdown Notes.

Can someone share his experience on it?
.
Thanks,
Louie