ADSM-L

Re: Help please with collocation

2001-11-21 16:41:54
Subject: Re: Help please with collocation
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 23:41:09 +0200
What benefit can bring to you the copy pool collocation :
Faster restore of primary pool volume on media failure
Faster restore of a node from copy pool when primary pool volume is
(again) faulty
First scenario can happen more often (I think) but involves only the TSM
team and is not time constrained.
The second scenario has to be very rare. If it is not there are many other
things to improve.
You have to decide does collocation pay the every day need for more tapes
off-site, more time for mount/dismounts and more efforts to deal with these
tapes.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK> on 19.11.2001 17:26:30