ADSM-L

Re: ODBC and TSM timestamp data type (Crystal Reports)

2001-11-20 13:58:28
Subject: Re: ODBC and TSM timestamp data type (Crystal Reports)
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:55:36 -0500
Whoooops, I think I suffered a serious "brain-check"... I Didn't mean to
sound like I wasn't concerned with this issue! I meant to say I wasn't
concerned with the rest of the stuff that the diagnostics section asks
for. Sorry about that!

This should have read:

Please follow the instructions in the "Troubleshooting/Diagnostics"
section of the README.ODBC.TXT file to obtain traces of the problem, then
open a problem with IBM support and provide them with the trace
documentation. (I'm not so concerned with the other items that the README
asks for.) Crystal Reports is not formally supported (i.e. we don't test
it), so support is on a "best effort" basis. However, we are interested in
understanding problems like this with the ODBC driver and fixing them when
possible, so you shouldn't be flat-out refused (it even says so in the
README file!).

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Andrew Raibeck/Tucson/IBM@IBMUS
11/20/2001 11:46

Please follow the instructions in the "Troubleshooting/Diagnostics"
section of the README.ODBC.TXT file to obtain traces of the problem, then
open a problem with IBM support and provide them with the trace
documentation (I'm not so concerned. Crystal Reports is not formally
supported (i.e. we don't test it), so support is on a "best effort" basis.
However, we are interested in understanding problems like this with the
ODBC driver and fixing them when possible, so you shouldn't be flat-out
refused (it even says so in the README file!).

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

William Boyer <bill.boyer AT verizon DOT net>
11/20/2001 11:16
Please respond to bill.boyer