ADSM-L

Re: Statistics problem with TSM backup.

2001-11-20 13:23:40
Subject: Re: Statistics problem with TSM backup.
From: William Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:18:53 -0500
This is the amount of bytes transferred, not the amount of data backed up.
They are 2 different animals. I had this issue with one of my Notes
administrators. I was telling him that his main Notes server was backing up
50GB/night, but his filespace only showed 24GB used. This number of bytes
transferred includes the retries. When I went in and looked at the
DSMSCHED.LOG file with VERBOSE coded, I saw all kinds of retries because the
file was changing. Had to eat crow on that one! :-)

HTH,
Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.