ADSM-L

ONE-DAY SAFETY PROBLEM (cont)

2001-11-20 11:23:58
Subject: ONE-DAY SAFETY PROBLEM (cont)
From: Michel David <moi_md AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 08:21:21 -0800
Hi Everybody. Thank you , Paul.
Sorry I was not clear enough.

How can user assure that all the data will be
retrieved if the library is physically damaged
(fire...) ?

We'll have only the last version of DBBACKUP and the
OFSSITE POOL. Maybe it's can be one week of work
without BACKUP.
 If we don't want to eject a tape every day and store
it in a SAFE place. We have to find someting else.

We have ONE Library and another big HD in another
place.

* One Copy Pool (like everyone) inside the lib (for
the FILLING tape)
* Another Copy Pool (DEVCLASS=FILE) in a network DISK.
(Or any other solution is welcome)

I want to use this small (~) hard-disk of 120 GB to
store only what I am saving on the used filling Tape
of the Copy Pool.

That's all.
I hope I was clear enough

Thank's