ADSM-L

Re: One server, two ip-addresses

2001-11-20 08:44:38
Subject: Re: One server, two ip-addresses
From: Herve CHIBOIS <herve.chibois AT FR.ABNAMRO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:37:24 +0100
Wouter,

you do not need to change anything.
My TSM Servers have 2 Gigabit Ethernet adapters with 2 distincts IP@.
My TSM instance listen to TCP port 1500.

rv

Wouter V <wouter-v AT EASYNET DOT BE>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 2001-11-20 13:49:15

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:
Subject:  One server, two ip-addresses

Hello,

Does anybody know if a single TSM server can listen on different
ip-adresses
(on different nic's)  ? Or do you need to run multiple instances on one
machine ?

TSM Server Config example :

  Listening for backup data on NIC1 : 192.168.10.10:1500
  and                               on NIC2 : 10.10.10.10:1500
  + other nic for normal lan traffic

Just wondering if adding extra LAN cards in every client to increase the
total bandwith, is a
cheap alternative for SAN environments.

For example : client config with 3 NIC's :
                                NIC1 : regular client traffic
                                NIC2 : for online database backup
(scheduler 1)  (backup lan 1)
                                NIC3 : for backup of regular file
(scheduler 2)  (backup lan 2)

                                2 x 100 Mbit bandwith to backup

Any remarks about this ?  I agree, it isn't a good alternative, but I was
just wondering if this is possible ?

Thanks !

Wouter Verschaeve