ADSM-L

Please!:A Temp-File COPY POOL Solution

2001-11-20 05:25:03
Subject: Please!:A Temp-File COPY POOL Solution
From: Michel David <moi_md AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 02:22:27 -0800
Hi Everybody. Thank you for precedent answers !

I try to to be more understandable !!

 Here's the new problem:
We have a 120GB Disk for pool (like 1 tape capacity)
 We would like, each day, to Copy the Archive Pool to
 FILE POOL on this disk (remote disk).
Parallely we will continue to use a regular tape for
copy pool.

After the Copy Tape is full we'll like to empty the
DISK POOL and to begin to backup on the new tape and
on the Empty Disk every day.

This method has the advantage to save data on a remote
computer (network connected) that can be in another
place every day and ASSURE that we cannot lose more
than ONE day info. Even if the Library Box is burned!

For sure we need to be sure that we can recover from
the DISK POOL the stored info there.

Is there a solution ?
Is there a trick ?

 TIVOLI 3.7.4