ADSM-L

Re: ATAPE/ATLDD device driver install question

2001-11-19 12:08:27
Subject: Re: ATAPE/ATLDD device driver install question
From: "Cook, Dwight E (SAIC)" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:04:53 -0600
I think you are getting the wrong idea on "delete definitions" !
Delete them from AIX, not TSM !
Just stop TSM
sure go ahead & delete your rmt# & lmcp# definitions.
I think the install will kill the /etc/lmcpd deamon
install your code
run cfgmgr
        you will probably notice all devices come back as what they were
(more than likely)
I don't remember... I don't think cfgmgr makes the new lmcp# so yes, created
it
        when you make it available it should start /etc/lmcpd  if not just
issue /dev/lmcpd to restart it
start tsm
You are good to go !!!!!!!!!!!!

We are in the middle of upgrading all ours.  I think we put in 30 minute
change records to have tivoli down, mainly because we figure it will take
(has been taking) about 10-15 minutes to do.

You should not have to do anything with your actual tapes !  No checkout(s)
or checkin(s) !

hope this helps,
later,
Dwight