ADSM-L

Future Share Requirement: W2K 4.2.1 Desktop Archive Client backs up files that are unmodified

2001-11-19 00:55:03
Subject: Future Share Requirement: W2K 4.2.1 Desktop Archive Client backs up files that are unmodified
From: "Seay, Paul" <seay_pd AT NAPTHEON DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 00:51:10 -0500
Thanks for the response.

I plan to submit a requirement Share to make this work.  I will explain why.
Coming from a mainframe background, we do not change configuration
parameters on the fly to direct software.  We typically use command
overrides.  So the requirement would be for the client node definition to
have a mode override authority (no or client) added to it and the
incremental command to allow a "-mode absolute" or "-mode modified" so that
the customer can allow the client to override this parameter rather than
giving them authority to mess around with the entire management class or
more.  The other option is to have a new mode setup in the management class
"client" which requires the client to specify or defaults to modified.

Even if the documentation is correct and development decides to fix the
code, I now recommend they rethink and some kind of variation of the above.
Otherwise, they could break something.

I will talk to the Product Manager about this one.