ADSM-L

Re: Disk Copy Pool

2001-11-18 07:18:43
Subject: Re: Disk Copy Pool
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 14:17:47 +0200
Storage hierarchy works only on primary pools, i.e. you can "flush from
disk file to tape" only if both pools are primary.
When you create file volumes it is equivalent to losing you storage pool
backup. And TSM server recreates the files on next backup.
The only way (in current versions) is to backup primary pool to tape copy
pool.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Michel David <moi_md AT YAHOO DOT COM> on 18.11.2001 12:29:26