ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server locking

2001-11-14 14:06:30
Subject: Re: TSM Server locking
From: Jeff Bach <jdbach AT WAL-MART DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:03:44 -0600
Does Tivoli analyze of root cause this problem for ANY of its customers?  Or
did they just reboot the UNIX systems or bounce the ADSM application?

One root cause is the ADSM/TSM server not being able to recover from the
failure of an OS call.  This is specifically the case when waiting for
library manager commands to return.

Jeff Bach
Home Office Open Systems Engineering
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.