ADSM-L

Re: Need to move old/misdirected backups of a filespace from one tape storage pool to another

2001-11-14 12:53:58
Subject: Re: Need to move old/misdirected backups of a filespace from one tape storage pool to another
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:51:15 -0600
Wanda,

Yes, that will, with the exception that if archives are retained after the
export, they will "lock" the filespace name.  I am going through such a
evolution right now, and that is what happened with a node whose backup
data was exported, deleted, and imported; but whose archive data was never
touched.  I ended up with a "\d$" and a "\d1" both of which contain real
data.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM administrator
Laitram Corporation