ADSM-L

TDP/R3: 3.1.x.x APAR IC31783 (upgrade to 3.2.0.6)

2001-11-14 12:08:02
Subject: TDP/R3: 3.1.x.x APAR IC31783 (upgrade to 3.2.0.6)
From: "Cook, Dwight E (SAIC)" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:04:43 -0600
FYI.
        if you are running 3.1.x.x you will probably want to advance to
3.2.0.6
APAR IC31783 is an event that we ran into the other day when building a dev
environment from a prod backup
IC31783 is NOT the type of problem you would want to run into when
trying/having to restore a production environment !
we saw it in a Solaris environment but are upgrading both Solaris & AIX
clients

just some FYI that will potentially save some grief later...

Dwight

APAR= IC31783
RESTORING FILE WITH WRONG CONTENT WITH TDP FOR R/3
Closed: 11/07/01
Apar Information:
Error Description:
TDP for R/3 V3.1.x.x - V3.2.0.4
Restoring file with wrong content, f.ex. restoring redolog file and getting
back content of configuration file. .
Problem fixed in V3.2.0.5 or higher.
Problem Summary: If two archive runs started within one minute, only the
second file could be restored.