ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Oracle 2.2 for NT - orasbt.dll not found

2001-11-14 09:47:06
Subject: Re: TDP for Oracle 2.2 for NT - orasbt.dll not found
From: Bill Mansfield <WMansfield AT SOLUTIONTECHNOLOGY DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 08:44:20 -0600
We had the same symptom, turned out TDP could not find dsm.opt file (bad
DSMI_ORC_CONFIG value in tdpo.opt).

_____________________________
William Mansfield
Senior Consultant
Solution Technology, Inc

                    Werner Baur
                    <Werner.Baur@LRZ-MU        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    ENCHEN.DE>                 cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:            Subject:     TDP for Oracle 2.2
for NT - orasbt.dll not found
                    Dist Stor Manager"
                    <[email protected]

                    11/14/2001 04:58 AM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Hi,

has anybody succeedeed to get running TDPO 2.2 on Windows NT?

The connections to the TSM-Server (4.1), i.e. tdpoconf showenv works.
But Oracle uses the dummy API instead of the TSM agent (Warning: Oracle
Test Disk API) if I try to allocate a channel of type sbt_tape.
Obviously Oracle cannot find and link the DLL. This scenario is
described in the RMAN user's guide troubleshooting section. The guide
suspects a problem with the system path, but I cannot see any.
orasbt.dll is installed under the sytem directory c:\winnt\system32,
which is in the system path. Maybe I have missed something as I am
neither an experienced NT admin nor an Oracle guru.
Any hints are appreciated!

Werner

--
Werner Baur                    Tel.:++49-89-28928781
Werner Baur                    Tel.:++49-89-28928781