ADSM-L

TSM Server locking

2001-11-13 18:17:48
Subject: TSM Server locking
From: "Davidson, Becky" <Becky.Davidson AT SLBG DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 17:14:09 -0600
I am running
tsm server 4.1.2
aix 4.3.3
12 3590E1A in a 3494
TDP for R/3 3.2.06

This past weekend at 16:00 my backup started by backing up my archive logs
to disk.  It opened 10 of 11 threads and then did absolutely nothing else.
Other processes started during the night and anything that did not require a
tape drive  ran and completed successfully (dr tape courier to vault,
expiration, various admin commands) but anything that needed a drive opened
and did nothing more.  I discovered it Sunday morning around 11 by logging
in, noticing the problem and doing a q dr.  It never returned.  I have had a
similar situation before and my experience has said if you do a q dr and it
doesn't return recycle the TSM Server.  I did that and everything continued
to normal but I have no idea why this happened.  I am honestly not sure
where to look.  Is it TDP?  Is it the TSM Server?  Is it something to do
with the tape drives?  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Becky Davidson
Data Manager/AIX Administrator