ADSM-L

Blended server versions

2001-11-13 16:25:57
Subject: Blended server versions
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 15:23:06 -0600
TSM 4.1.4.1 on AIX 4.3.3 ML 8

I accidently "blended" my TSM server binaries by rejecting old ADSM 3.1
PTFs.

Afterward, the TSM server wouldn't autostart.  When I ran it with a live
console, I saw that it was trying to launch the ADSM 3.1 server executable.
I called IBM and they helped me fix the links in /bin to point to the
correct path.  Now the TSM 4.1 server starts automatically like normal, but
certain admin queries show columns labeled "HEADING UNAVAILABLE."  I'm sure
this is because of missing files or parts of the application still being
blended with ADSM 3.1.  Also, the Web admin client has "ADSM" plastered all
over it, though I don't remember if those cosmetic differences were changed
in the TSM 4.1 Web client.

How can I "un-blend" the two versions?  Can I reinstall?  If so, should I
reinstall 4.1.0 followed by the 4.1.4 PTF?  Or just reinstall the latest
PTF?

ADSM 3.1 is still installed but we are not running it and IBM has
recommended that I uninstall it completely.  If I do that I am afraid that
my TSM server will die completely.

Thanks in advance.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM administrator