ADSM-L

Using TSM Drivers

2001-11-13 16:13:06
Subject: Using TSM Drivers
From: Joe Cascanette <Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 16:11:28 -0500
I am having a problem with defining a library in TSM v4.2.1.6 (windows
2000). I have started fresh with a new install of Windows 2000 Adv
Server, have disables Removable storage, and after that have connected
the library via a SCSI cable. TSM is able to see the devices in the
device config, but hangs with trying to get information from the
library. It is in question that the compaq library 9326DX is a supported
device, however on the tivoli site they indicated that 9326 is supported
(however this library only exists in a D and DX format). Both libraries
are the same - DLT compaq 8000 drives, just one holds more tapes.

Before my reinstall of the OS, I was able to control the library with
the software & utils that came with it. As well I was able to operate
the library in RSM mode, create new pools etc, move tapes in and out,
access the drives..etc....

Has anyone had any dealings with this library??.. or in fact needed to
disable any of the devices to let TSM take control of the library?. TSM
devices are in boot mode with 2000 opt support.

Any thoughs would be greatly appreciated..

Thank You

Joe Cascanette