ADSM-L

Re: OS390 Client and AUTOMOUNT

2001-11-13 13:53:09
Subject: Re: OS390 Client and AUTOMOUNT
From: William Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:48:27 -0500
Thought I remembered some recommendation that you leave them mounted. That
way TSM should backup all the mounted mountpoints. Assuming that if the
users directory is mounted, they probably changed something. Unless they are
going to be logging on to different systems and need they user directory to
be automounted there after being dismounted after 10-minutes.

I'm trying to remember where I saw that....I hate getting old!! It was
recommended that you not put a timeout value for the automount filesystem so
that the backup client can process those HFS's. Let them mounted until the
next IPL.

Bill Boyer