ADSM-L

OS390 Client and AUTOMOUNT

2001-11-13 12:52:05
Subject: OS390 Client and AUTOMOUNT
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:48:53 -0500
Hello,
        I am just getting my TSM OS390 Client going.  I have read that HFS's
that are automounted will NOT be backed up by an incremental backup.  We use
automount  to mount all USER HFS's as they are referenced.  These HFS's are
dismount 10 minutes after they are no longer used.   Which of course is what
I would like to backup.  I think I may have to come up with something that
will mount  everything  at IPL time, before the TSM scheduler is started,
and then again as a PRE-SCHEDULE event.
        Has anyone else worked through this?  I would be interested in what
others have done to solve this.
Thanks in advance
Matt