ADSM-L

Segmentation Fault on Solaris Client

2001-11-12 16:24:51
Subject: Segmentation Fault on Solaris Client
From: "Lawson, Jerry W (ETSD, IT)" <jlawson AT THEHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 16:21:58 -0500
Date:           November 12, 2001                       Time: 4:16 PM
From:   Jerry Lawson
                The Hartford Insurance Group
860     547-2960                jlawson AT thehartford DOT com
-
-
I don't think Solaris likes me.
I don't think Solaris likes me.

I installed the 4.1.2 client on two Solaris 2.8 systems this morning, and
one runs like a champ, and the other takes Segmentation Faults when I start
DSM.  Both are running identical levels of 2.8, and the same level of TSM,
on essentially the same hardware platform.

Also, on the Segmentation Fault machine, I can start the commend line
client, but it returns an ANS9505 message, indicating it can't start DM
functions.  As I read the manual, the client must think I want to run HSM,
but I did not install the HSM code.  On the good machine, the message does
not appear, and HSM was not installed there either.

Any suggestions before I call the support center?

-
-
                                                     Jerry
                                                     Jerry

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over....and expecting the results
to be different - Anon.

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all
copies.