ADSM-L

Re: BMC Agent for TSM

2001-11-12 15:14:50
Subject: Re: BMC Agent for TSM
From: Kyle Payne <payne AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 14:10:43 -0600
What database are you backing up?  Currently the TDP agents work with the
LANFree option.  We tried getting the BMC for SQL agent working over LANFree
and found out that the current release of the product is not capable
LANFree.  We were told conflicting things from BMC on when it would be able
to use BMC with LANFree.  We ended up using the TDP For SQL and liked both
the backup and restore we got.  I know that prior to V2.2 BMC was more
feature rich but the V2.2 TDP seems to be quite nice.  Still, BMC did work
fine with the Network connection.  I am not a Marketing rep so I don't know
for sure but I think BMC is more expensive.

Kyle