ADSM-L

Re: Clustering Nodes

2001-11-12 01:54:58
Subject: Re: Clustering Nodes
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 00:52:31 -0600
On Mon, 5 Nov 2001 09:37:07 -0800, it was written:
>TSM support Microsoft MSCS and AIX HACMP.  Not sure if there is
>*official* support for any other clusters.

Nothing *official*, I think, but there was a poster on this list a
couple of months ago who claimed to have gotten NetWare clusters to
work with the TSM 4.2 client. I emailed him because we had a
prospective client that wanted to do the same thing, and I needed more
information.

His response, while appreciated, was not very illuminating. He said
that his NetWare admin had set up the clustered service, and that he
didn't have the details as to how. [The poster's problem was that
there was one NetWare volume he wasn't getting backed up.]

From having read Novell's .PDF file on NetWare clustering, it's at
least superficially like Microsoft's. You create the service (in our
case, the scheduler service), and then you take steps to make it
cluster-aware.