ADSM-L

Re: TSM scheduling with BMC ECS product ?

2001-11-09 10:28:04
Subject: Re: TSM scheduling with BMC ECS product ?
From: "Ilja G. Coolen" <ilja.coolen AT ABP DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 16:24:56 +0100
Neil,

We are running our client backups using this tool in a large environment. In
order for this to be succesfull you could create scripts for the client
platform to run the client backup. Use ECS to start and monitor the clients
backupprocess. We have it running succesfully for over 250 clients, being
AIX and NT clients. You need to be aware of the clients return codes though.
NT tends to return an returncode greater than zero, even when no error
occured. You need to check this during the processing of your script. ECS
client software is installed with some tools to manipulate return codes and
more.

i can provide you with more info if you like. So let me know.

Have a nice weekend.

Ilja G. Coolen

  _____

ABP / USZO
CIS / BS / TB / Storage Management
Telefoon         : +31(0)45  579 7938
Fax      : +31(0)45  579 3990
Email    : ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl <mailto:ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl>
Intranet
        : Storage Web <http://intranet/cis_bstb/html_content/sm/index_sm.htm>

  _____

Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film. -