ADSM-L

Best Database Performance

2001-11-09 10:19:36
Subject: Best Database Performance
From: Andy Carlson <andyc AT ANDYC.CARENET DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 09:15:58 -0600
Does anyone have a feeling about what is best for database
performance?  I have, since we moved to AIX, taken the 4 physical drives
(actually 8 with ADSM mirroring), and striped it into one large
volume.  I saw a post the other day that suggested that maybe splitting
it to 4 individual volumes might be better, as ADSM can schedule across
these volumes.  What I am seeing leads me to believe that ADSM is
hitting one volume, and it's mirror predominately.  Was I better off
striped?  Any suggestions?  Thanks for any info.

Andy Carlson                             |\      _,,,---,,_
andyc AT andyc.carenet DOT org            ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
BJC Health System                       |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
St. Louis, Missouri                    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)
Cat Pics: http://andyc.dyndns.org/animal.html