ADSM-L

Re: anyone else notice, log doesn't clear during expiration...(even w ith logmode normal)

2001-11-09 01:21:34
Subject: Re: anyone else notice, log doesn't clear during expiration...(even w ith logmode normal)
From: Pothula S Paparao <9pothula AT SG.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 14:17:40 +0800
Which is the client causing log space to be overcommitted.? are u running
any DB2 sessions. As i experienced , DB2 client casuing lot of problems for
log space due to incorrect size estimate.

Try doing dumpdb/loaddb/audit db ....this may resolve your problem.

                    John Bremer
                    <jbremer@LANL.       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    GOV>                 cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: anyone else notice,
           log doesn't clear
                    "ADSM: Dist           during expiration...(even w ith
logmode normal)
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    11/09/2001
                    02:16
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Yes this has bitten us on a few occasions and requires the usual temporary
log extension, re-start, database backup, log reduction, etc.