ADSM-L

Re: anyone else notice, log doesn't clear duringexpiration...(even w ith logmode normal)

2001-11-08 11:58:08
Subject: Re: anyone else notice, log doesn't clear duringexpiration...(even w ith logmode normal)
From: Larry Way <Larry.Way AT TRW DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 11:53:50 -0500
You need to set your log trigger to expand when an identified percentage is
reached.  You also will specify by what percent it will grow when needed.  We
recently experienced this problem because we had to turn of rollforward becuase
of the reported problem.

Larry Way

916-339-4076  Desk
408-655-3512  Cell

>>> cookde AT BP DOT COM 11/08/01 07:25AM >>>
anyone else notice that with the server

Storage Management Server for AIX-RS/6000 - Version 4, Release 1, Level 4.0

even with log mode normal, the log doesn't clear for the ENTIRE duration of
expiration...

When expiration runs for 6-8+ hours a day and clients initiate a half
million sessions per month (pretty much round the clock daily) and and and
a person can run out of log space frequently...

not even the ol' ckpt will force check point things & clear the log...

and I've also had a server, for two days in a row now, get something hung
and the log wouldn't clear (with only a very few client sessions running...)
for no apparent reason, log space kept getting sucked up until it hit for no
apparent reason, log space kept getting sucked up until it hit 100.1
%, issued about a million (so it seemed in clearing alerts on my pager)
messages about the log  being filled, and then BOOM, it cleared up all by
itself...   we might call in a problem on this one if we can get more info
on it/why??? but right now I'm just whine'n

I should have stayed with 3.7 :-/

Dwight