ADSM-L

Re: Cant make full backup in SQL TDP 2.2 *URGENT* **CASE SOLVED** :)

2001-11-07 20:37:46
Subject: Re: Cant make full backup in SQL TDP 2.2 *URGENT* **CASE SOLVED** :)
From: David Groves <groves AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 17:19:54 -0800
Petur -

This problem was fixed in fixtest 11 (the 4.1.3.11 api).  You may obtain it
from the IBM ftp server, ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com.

Switch to the
/storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches/client/v4r1/Windows/v413
directory, then retrieve and install the self-installing fixtest,
IP22321_11.exe.

As with all fixtests, it is strongly recommended that this one be tested on
a non-production machine before it is installed on a production machine.

Regards,
Dave Groves

IBM SWG  (Tivoli)
phone    :  (408) 256-9795
tieline     :   8-276-9575
notes     :  David Groves/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
internet  :  groves AT us.ibm DOT com

                    Petur
                    Eythorsson           To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <peddi AT ITN DOT IS>       cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Cant make full backup in
SQL TDP 2.2
                    "ADSM: Dist           *URGENT*  **CASE SOLVED** :)
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    11/01/2001
                    08:46 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Thanks GOD !!!

I don4t know what i did exacly to solve this problem.

The only version diference, was the TSM Clients.

We had  TSM 4.1.0 on other clients, where the backup was susecfull, but we
had
installed the 4.1.3 clients in this case.

I Recomend not to use 4.1.3 with TDP 2.2

---------------------------
Hi i have a strange problem.
Hi i have a strange problem.

I can4t make a full backup of a SQL.

We have reacently upgraded the machine and replaced the opreating system.

i re-installed the TDP for SQL v.2.2 and tested a full backup, but then i
get
this message. from the server

"ANR0530W Transaction failed for session 2258 for node SAGA_SQL (TDP
MSSQLV2 NT)
internal server error detected."

i i get this message in the GUI of the client.

"Backup failed. ANS1301E (RC1)Server detected system error"

and i get these messages in my event log

"18210 :
BackupVirtualDeviceFile::RequestDurableMedia: Flush failure on backup
device 'TDPSQL-00000590-0000'. Operating system error 995(error not found).
"

and this one

"3041 :
BACKUP failed to complete the command USE master BACKUP DATABASE [master]
VIRTUAL_DEVICE=N'TDPSQL-00000590-0000' WITH BLOCKSIZE=512,
MAXTRANSFERSIZE=1048576, NAME=N'full', DESCRIPTION=N'TDPSQL-00000590-0000
(TDP
MS SQL V2)'"

The server is Dell, 4 cpu
Windows 2000
Service Pack 2
SQL 2000
with no service pack, and no patch.

we have a a simmelar clients with
Windows 2000
and Service Pack 2
SQL 2000
with no serice pack, and no patches.

And they have not been having this problem.

And stagne enugh i have no problem with taking TransAction Log bakcup of
this
machine.

This is oure Production Server and I MUST GET A FULL BACKUP OF THIS SERVER.

PLEASE HELP ME, Ohh WISE COMRADES. :)

^essi skilabop voru send mep vefpssti Fjarskiptafilagsins Tmtan.
^essi skilabop voru send mep vefpssti Fjarskiptafilagsins Tmtan.
         Slspin er: http://postur.itn.is/