ADSM-L

Re: Data distribution

2001-11-07 14:42:27
Subject: Re: Data distribution
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 14:45:01 -0500
I asked the same question back not too long ago (you can always check the
archives at WWW.ADSM.ORG).

Basic answer was, yes, it spreads the data out across the various STG pool
volumes.

As for the DB, I believe it fills them, one at a time, this speaking from
my experiences when I move DB data/volumes and monitored how it worked on
one volume, filled it and went on to another. The log is probably using
the same process.
Zoltan Forray
Zoltan Forray
Virginia Commonwealth University - University Computing Center
e-mail: zforray AT vcu DOT edu  -  voice: 804-828-4807

David Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
11/07/2001 02:02 PM